Tuesday, November 20, 2007

violin results

Ahahaha I finally dropped by my violin teacher's to get my Grade 8 results slip & cert.

The component that I felt most confident for was the horriblest! Damn I was sure I played that piece ok.

And my AURAL actually had close to full marks. My AURAL! When about 2 weeks before my exam, I couldn't identify the chords, couldn't sing the lower part, couldn't identify the watchacallit (see, I don't even know what I was supposed to identify). I can't believe my aural saved my ass lolz. I can't believe I actually got all my answers correct! That's some pretty amazing guesswork I did heh.

As expected, I flunked my scales. On the morning of my exam I was desperately trying to memorize the fingering for the scales. The surprise is that I actually got 10 marks for the scales. What are the 10 marks for? Failing to play in tune? Not smoothly playing a single scale? Apologising profusely throughout that component? Strictly speaking I should have gotten a big fat zero. Seriously, I didn't get a single scale right. It was all horrible. *kowtows to examiner for boundless mercy*

Anywayz. I'm just glad I survived the exam. More than glad. Amazed that I survived the exam. But in a glad way. Hehehe. And of course now the next stage of learning commences!

No comments: