Thursday, November 29, 2007

Cold

I've been reading up on Singapore's history, and I really hate it. The stuff I've read just makes me feel cold and frightened. It's not that I didn't know about all this. I did, but in a general, abstract, and therefore non-threatening way. But the more I know about the details, the chillier Singapore feels.

I don't want anything to do with something so evil and disgusting. I'd prefer not to know any of this and be content with seeing only the Singapore that has been my home for more than 20 years. Singapore is a place where my friends and family are, a place where I think I'll be living for a long time. So I don't want to see that horrendous side of this place, and I don't want this home to be tainted by knowledge of all of those horrible things.

I'll never make it as a history student, will I? I don't want anything to do with politics, ever.

No comments: