Saturday, November 03, 2007

My experiment with art

Ah, 5am in the morning and sick of work. That's precisely when most of us turn into artists. Behold my self-portraits! Sketched in pencil and then photographed using my lousy hp camera!

Those of you who have been through the horrendous mandatory art classes in secondary school with me might doubt my ability to draw anything apart from the evil eye and might therefore be skeptical of my ability to draw as complex and wonderful a being as myself. You'd be right. I er... traced these haha. (Gimme a break k.)

Hmmm there's nothing quite like drawing yourself as the first step in the journey of self-discovery. I never realised I look so Asian, or that my eyes are not as circular as my earlier self-portraits would have me believe. I berate my six year old self for such horrible delusions. Note to self: my eyes do not resemble cookies.

I'll have you know I drew some of you too, but decided I'd better not risk death threats by posting any of your pics.

And if anyone thinks I look better in these drawings than in real life, I say to you, [censored].

Oh yeah, and why I can suddenly post pictures? Turns out once I succumbed to the incessant requests of those poppy-uppy things to update some random thing or other, problem solved. Lesson learnt: don't be a stubborn ass and just click 'I agree'.

No comments: