Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Pre-work complaint

Both my violin teacher and I are getting increasingly frustrated. My pieces are getting nowhere, and we're getting close to snapping at each other during lessons. My exam's in August, and I'm seriously unprepared for it.

The thing is the pieces are getting much harder, and I'm getting a lot busier. I know it's not as if I don't have time to practise per se... It's just that practising the violin is the one activity that requires all my concentration, and therefore it is the one thing that makes me truly tired. A serious practice burns me out for at least half the day. I'm not used to concentrating so much on anything.

I have a lot on my mind now, and while I really like playing the violin a lot, and I want to pass the exam, the amount of time and effort I have to put in for this is disproportionate to the importance of passing. It's just an extra source of stress that I don't need right now. The thing is my violin teacher is understandably concerned, and I don't like the thought of flunking either. All that time and money.

Sighz I guess I'll just have to make a mid-year resolution to practise daily. At least give myself a shot.

And while today was horrendously unproductive (because I spent hours waiting for my friend to wake heh) at least I had some time and space to recover from the foul mood I was in. It's been a long time since I spent any amount of time doing absolutely nothing. In truth, I'm kind of sick of being glued to my laptop. It's tiring communicating (MSNing) non-stop.

Lollipops make you happy. :P Let's see how much marking I can finish tonight.

No comments: