My last paper! over! OVER!
It seems that every exam I take is harder than the last, because I get progressively (or regressively) lazier and more unmotivated with each exam.
Now I'm hoping really hard that I actually manage to graduate. Not just because my exams are so screwed up, but because I just remembered I have a quota of 20 seminars to attend, and I can't remember if I've fulfilled the quota....... *cries*
In other news *preliminary gloat* my maritime essay didn't do too badly after all. The reason why that's such a huge accomplishment is because by 3am on the day the essay was due, I had about 1000/6000 words, and I had to stop writing by 130pm that day.
As a sign of how screwed up the whole affair was, my paper was on the UN Convention on?of? (you see! I still don't know! and I just took the exam today!) the Law of the Sea, and I used the wrong acronym throughout the paper.
Also, for the first time in my life, I didn't include a bibliography. I was so desperate to finish that I figured since I was using footnotes my lecturer wouldn't really need a bibliography, and perhaps he might not notice the absence (I was wrong). Till now, till now, I still don't know what this course was about. I know there was lots about ships, and plenty of stuff about technology (maybe that's why I blanked out all the time during class), but other than that, the whole thing's a Soviet Union for me. (note: reference to Churchill's(?) description of the Soviet Union that I can never remember exactly, but has something to do with a mystery and an enigma and some other stuff all wrapped together like a swiss roll. Erm. Soviet roll.)
The second time in my life I excluded the bibliography was for my other term paper this trimester. (omg omg omg I'm so screwed!)
In case you don't know, for me, excluding the bibliography is a BIG thing. It's like, a most serious breach of etiquette. Like turning upon your hosts who have provided you with food and shelter from the storm and slaughtering them and feeding them to their own dogs for the kick of it. And then putting their dogs out in the rain. Not approved. Poor dogs :( *cries solitary tear*
Anywayz.
I'm just very very happy that my essay written in such a state of panicked ignorance did okay. *end gloat*
Oh and I collected the hardbound copies of my dissertation. Once again I'm too afraid to read the damn thing. I still haven't mustered the courage to borrow my honours thesis from the library (I don't have a copy. Long story.) to find out how screwed up it really was.
And now I'm free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder what I shall do next. *ponders*
No comments:
Post a Comment