Monday, May 21, 2007

Misery

This is the blow-by-blow account of my misery/utter miserableness that I said I wasn't going to type, but all of you knew was going to come anyway.

I have a 6000 word paper due this Tuesday that I haven't started writing. I have a 5000 word paper due this Friday that I haven't started writing.

The Tuesday and Wednesday after that I have my 2 last exams for my course. I discovered to my horror that I have a choice of 2 out of 4 questions for the 1st paper and a choice of 3 out of 7 for the 2nd (instead of the usual 2 out of 7/8 questions). And of course if you know me at all you'd know that I haven't done ANY studying this entire trimester, and I still have difficulty remembering the names of my lecturers.

That I've finally accepted that I've lost interest in my course isn't helping.

All that is still manageable. Except for the fact that I've chosen this time to fall sick. I can tolerate sniffles, ignore fevers, suppress headaches with Panadol.

But I HATE persistent coughs with a vengeance. First, it's almost impossible to complete a sentence before being interrupted by a bout of coughing. Second, people stare at you and wonder if they should move away. Third, it's very tiring and very painful, especially when paired with a sore throat. Also, I'm unfortunately very very very prone to such coughs. They can plague me for weeks, putting me entirely out of commission. Sleep is a mercy, but I can't afford to sleep now. It'd be a joke if I failed my course now. All I want to do is to tear my throat out and stamp on it till it agrees to stop irritating me. Darn it all.

No comments: