I spend a fortune everytime I step into HMV... *cries*
My long-awaited CD has finally arrived! And is everything I'd hoped for and more! Frank Sinatra Sings for Only the Lonely! It's one of those albums that have to be listened to at one go. By mid-CD your heart has already sunk to your toes, and the whole world seems cold and... er, lonely? *sigh* And by the last track, you look up from a haze of depression and wonder why the sun goes on shining, and why the sea rushes ashore and why is my boyfriend so busy he never has time for me, and why am I so wholesomely blue...?
And the grey clouds don't part after that mind you. I bought an album by Tony O'Malley that was playing in the store even though I've never heard of the artiste before. It helped that the oh-so-friendly guy at the store commented/asked with a glint in his eye: 'you like that CD, don't you?' I love guys who say 'don't you?' with a definite eye-glint!!!!!! Hehehe... Anyway, it was impossible to listen to that CD after Sinatra. Firstly, the 1st track on the album was Autumn Leaves, and the guy's french cannot make it lar. Second, he doesn't sing as well as Sinatra. Third, it was too damn upbeat for those grey clouds hanging around, and we don't want to offend those grey clouds. DO WE?
(do we?)
I should know better than to buy CDs just because of random cute guys I meet. Tsk. In any case I couldn't sit past the 2nd track of O'Malley, and haven't even started on the pop Bocelli album I bought for my mum. Back to good ol' blue eyes and heavy sighs.
And I was going to look for something by Leontyne Price at HMV, but the moment I stepped in the store I forgot her name. Of course the moment I got on the bus home I remembered. Damn my memory! And damn my memory again!
No comments:
Post a Comment