Thursday, May 01, 2008

A perfume rant

Yes I know you're probably entirely sick of hearing about perfumes.

It's kind of strange when my friends choke on the perfumes I totally love but will probably never possess. (My life's a tragedy.) Look, I'm not kidding myself. I know these perfumes don't smell like an 18 year old girl. They might be quite heavy-going, and might even smell old to some. But they're also wonderfully gorgeous and sophisticated, and if I was a tasteful, sophisticated socialite who does not flash her underwear of choice everytime she steps out of her door (or stays at home), I'd totally totally wear them.

I'm on this because yesterday, I re-smelled Sisley's Soir de Lune for the nth time, and today I'm so obssesed by this perfume, I'm sniffing at the blotter (is that what you call it?) like a drug addict. It's such a lovely perfume, and about the only rose perfume I've ever fallen hard for. I truly truly love it. I feel like a teenage girl pining for her crush who will never look her way and doesn't even notice her existence. Argh. Help me, I really need a bottle of that perfume. It's one of the first perfumes I fell in love with, but I never had the spending power to get it. (though admittedly if I'd saved some...)

Anyway, Soir de Lune is going into my wishlist. I know it's just fantastic wishful thinking to imagine that someone or myself would spend more than 200+ on a teeny bottle of perfume, but still. And it isn't even available at discounters! *wails* But it's such a beautiful scent, a deep deep rose that is oh so classic and tasteful. A scent you'd have to wear an evening gown for. Someone just kill me, I'm pining away... It's so frustrating to love something that you can't have! Damn it all!

*sigh*

No comments: