Some of you might know I've recently gone into a perfume-crazy phase.
My problem is everyone seems to hate the perfumes I really like, so I don't really want to buy those darlings because I'm sensitive to peer pressure and could never wear them out. :( (Also, I don't have the money.)
Admittedly even I think I might wither under the onslaught of some of my favourites, like Sisley's Eau du Soir.
For all my raving, currently I have only a bottle of SJP's Lovely, and a few samples (Estee Lauder's [edit: I mean Elizabeth Arden - both are Mum's perfumes to my nose & I always get confused :P] Mediterranean, Lanvin's Rumeur).
I also sometimes steal Bvlgari Pour Homme, which I bought for my dad. Maybe I should go for more masculine perfumes?
So my current daily fare is Lovely, and while I like the scent and don't regret buying it, sometimes the fragrance just lacks a bit of something for me. It's a very comforting, pleasant fragrance (even then my sisters complain about the initial spicy scent) but still I'm looking for something... else. I've the same problem with Rumeur & Mediterranean. They're all easy to wear and nice to smell but... it's just that something else.
I think I'd very much like a bottle of Prada's Infusion d'Iris, if Santa would be so kind. I tested it one day, and my entire family recoiled in horror (why? I just don't understand it...). I didn't like it that much at first, but now I can't seem to forget it.
I also want to try out perfumes with incense notes. (I know! I'm strange! Enough already!) I've always (strangely) liked the smell of incense... Incense and smoke.
As well as tea-inspired/tea-based perfumes. L'Occitane has a white tea EDT that I quite like, and I would buy, except that they only come in big-ass bottles and cost about SGD80 each. Plus I suspect that it'll meet the same fate as my big-ass bottle of Lovely - nice to smell but lacks... something. I'd like a tea fragrance that's slightly bitter and not as sweet.
There're also certain types of perfumes that I really dislike. In a moment of folly I bought Anna Sui's Dolly Girl (it was on sale! and my first ever buy!), and it gave me such a headache that I promptly dumped the whole bottle on my sis. (That was a mistake too, cos she actually uses it, and I hate how our room smells when she sprays it.) I've already figured out which notes these are. They're the bright fruity notes... the citrusy ones, all grapefruit and stuff, plus a good dose of something horrendously sweet (I haven't figured out this part yet. Maybe it's just sugar). They're the olfactory version of someone (usually myself) screeching very loudly on the highest registers of the violin.
I also don't like perfumes that are overly vanilla-ish (ok, my nose isn't particularly discerning, so I think it should be the vanilla that does this, but it could be something else in the perfume altogether). The ones that are cloyingly sweet in a vanilla-ish kind of way. eg. Givenchy's Ange ou Demon.
And I don't like the 'fresh' perfumes... The ones that are all 'Aqua' this and that. Like Davidoff's Cool Water. I don't know why I don't like these. They just smell a bit like those SGD3.90 deodorants in Chamelon or something. Not good.
So on the eve of my french exam I'm sitting around meditating on perfumes. Urgh.
No comments:
Post a Comment