Friday, April 27, 2007

Hero

Let me just remind you how much I'm in love with violinist, Jascha Heifetz. (Yes, I tend to crush dead people.)

And I just realised who Heifetz reminds me of. Sherlock Holmes.

For those who know me, everything should be clear now.

For those who don't, Sherlock Holmes = Elaine's childhood hero.

The funny thing is, Holmes played the violin too! So watching Heifetz play (see this post) results in a strange mental conflation of 2 uber-cool and talented personalities! *excited* I keep expecting Heifetz to turn around to say something to Watson!

I should stop acting like a teenager.

Sherlock Holmes did drugs too, and he's probably the reason why till now, I'm still not violently opposed to a little experimentation. Though I should also say that I've never done drugs, and have never been involved in any illegal drug-related activities. This is Singapore people, I'm not that dumb. But they should get Sherlock Holmes off the bookshelves heh. All those impressionable kids.

Sherlock Holmes is also the reason why I always count the number of steps when walking up/down a flight of stairs. It's really become a habit. Sighz. I love Sherlock Holmes. *cry*

I'm still procrastinating the marking, largely because I feel so overwhelmed by the task. I've never seen so many exam scripts before!

No comments: