This is the first time in years that I've finished an essay before midnight on the day before the assignment is due. I really can't remember the last time I've done this... Secondary school? (oh wait, I've blocked out the HT again)
Well, part of the reason is the deadline's been extended at the last minute twice, so I've already done quite a lot of work for it. Also, we've got to submit the essay through turnitin, and I was deathly afraid that the site would detect plagiarism in my essay when I swear to (insert name of deity) I did not plagiarize at all. Thank (insert name of deity) according to turnitin, less than 1% of my essay is a result of dastardly deeds.
I don't know about you, but this is pretty scary for me. It's as if there has been a subtle change in my world-view. Like I just found out it's not gravity that's pulling me to the ground, but my body's attraction to all that melted chocolate in the center of the earth. And the sun? That's a big orange jawbreaker with an inflated ego.
The superstitious part of me is wondering nervously whether submitting a paper before midnight means I'm not going to do well. It's like the way I always spend all the time I have left flipping my exam script, because by gawd it doesn't matter if I'm not actually reading or changing anything. If I don't flip these papers I'm going to fail.
I'm feeling a bit lost and aimless now. I fully expected to stay up all night, because that's how essays are written. But it's 1am now, and there're so many hours till daybreak, and my essay is done, so I don't have to stay up, but I still have so much time, and it's not right to go to school on the day an essay is due without looking like the undead, but my essay is done, so what shall I do... *mumbles*
Time - in which I don't have to do an essay - is stretching luxuriously before me. Youtube beckons.
1 comment:
hahaa congrates!!!!!
Post a Comment