Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Sex Pistols

I've been checking out the Sex Pistols because, well, of a manga/anime that I'm too embarrassed to admit I like. Let's face it, their music gives me a huge headache, and all that jumping around doesn't help. But they're really incredibly entertaining. I've become a big fan of Youtube interviews of John Lydon (Johnny Rotten) who's still alive and kicking as far as I can tell.

This is him in 1987:



And trust me, when he said he'd mellowed, he wasn't kidding man.

This is 1980:



That's the 1st part of that interview, you can poke around Youtube and I'm sure you can discover part 2 on your own.

Amazing that red hair and a pasty, skinny face could be so cool. And if you accept his premises, his attitude and actions are actually understandable and acceptable. Then again, if you accept their premises, anyone's actions could become acceptable. (kill the Jews anyone?) But not just anyone could pull it off with such incredible coolness. *squeals and attains fangirl status*

No comments: