Friday, December 08, 2006

Words heard

Seen in a female mag - 'chiffon and ruffles for a Marie Antoinette chic'. What? The headless kind?

Seen on cubicle doors of Far East toilet (female of course) - 'bidet'. Like your regular Far East-going population would know what a 'bidet' is.

Actually, I haven't really had the chance to talk about the trip to Taipei. What struck me most was how so many people were interested in freedom of speech/democracy/blogs. (My paper was on politicized blogging in S'pore, which has nothing to do with what I'm studying now, but heck.) The comment I received most frequently was 'I was listening to your presentation, and I was struck by how similar your country is to mine!' Hmmm.

If you look closely at the news, you'll find plenty of blog-related developments. Eg. China may make bloggers give ID. Thanks to James for this one, I've just stopped keeping tabs after I got the paper over and done with. :P

Oh, and let me whine about how Singapore's bookstores never carry the books I need. *whine*

No comments: