Thesis Sup (referring to outline): So, what do you mean by 'ASEAN multilateralism'?
Me: Erm... well... I guess the ASEAN Way? Wait, what am I thinking. Erm... give me a minute. *closes eyes, opens eyes, but he hasn't disappeared yet* I guess I mean ASEAN attempts at multilateral diplomacy?
...
TS: What is this section supposed to accomplish?
Me: Hmmm. I think I thought that with this section, I could... *blah*
...
TS: Ok, so you can review this book for next Friday.
Me: Erm, the deadline for the book review is this Friday.
TS: The deadline is this Friday and you haven't even chosen your book?
Me: *laughs nervously* *bites tongue to stop self from telling him I also have an essay due tomorrow that I haven't started on*
(Yes, I know my classmates talked to you about the book review like, 3 weeks ago. Damn those civil servants.)
...
TS: What is your writing style? Are you the type who waits till the last minute to write or...
Me: *nods emphatically*
TS: I had a feeling you would say that.
Me: *kicks self for nodding too emphatically*
...
TS: It sounds exciting.
Me: *realizing that nothing is going to improve my image, sticks tongue out at him and tries to act cute*
In the end, I waltzed out of his office with a pink, furry halo of hard-earned bimboticness.
He saw the sheen of stark panic in my eyes, and verily, he was amused.
This is also the reason why I avoid meeting my supervisors until I've submitted my thesis. Just so they don't get scared off.
No comments:
Post a Comment