Yes, I bought a new bag, a mere 3 months after I first laid eyes on my old bag, otherwise known as the Big Blue Monstrosity.
This is because Big Blue Monstrosity has fallen into disrepair, and disrepute, because anything that has Monstrosity in its name just isn't supposed to fall apart that quickly.
Anyhoos, I think you should all know that I spent on this new bag more than I've ever spent on any fashion item.
Sigh I'm learning that it's very hard to tread the line between 'I can buy this' and 'I will buy this'. But I've got to say, so far I'm not doing a bad job of it. It's just that I was very single-mindedly shopping for a bag and trying not to get distracted by the other stuff along the way, and this was the only bag that I really liked!
So I set out to buy a bag, and I got one. That isn't too bad is it? Even though I spent about 3 times more than I did on my previous bag.
Plus I followed the 3 times rule! I 1st saw this bag early June, then I saw it again on Thursday, and finally bought it on Friday! And it was on sale! The amount it was discounted by was more than the price of my previous bag... *argh*
Anyways, the bag is really quite me (or so I like to think), so despite my money woes I'm reasonably happy with it. The Big Blue Monstrosity, on the other hand, was not me at all. It was big, blue, patent and faux snake skin. *shudders* I really don't know why I bought it. From time to time I would discover the Big Blue Monstrosity sitting menacingly on my shoulder, and I would freak out at the alien parasite sucking the life out of me. And then I would have to murmur soothingly to myself, 'No no, it's yours, you bought it, remember? At that awful sale? With all those people pushing? It's ugly but it's still your baby. You can't shriek and throw it at an innocent by-stander. Yes, it's your burden... carry it...'
Argh. Haha I'm such a freak.
Oh you might also like to know that when I got home with new beautiful bag slung proudly on my triumphant shoulder, I was greeted with dire warnings from my mum that it would break in no time, and it's too casual for work, I'll get fired. Thanks mum.
No comments:
Post a Comment