I just mended 2 holes in my cardigan, using sewing kits stolen from a hotel a couple of years ago.
My boots are all patched up with bits of leather, and muddy.
My coat (ok, ONE of my coats) is thrifted.
Bits of my laptop are dropping off. By the end of this year, there will only be 50% of my laptop left. The rest would have been shed like yesterday's cocoon, and a new, lighter, butterfly-laptop would have emerged. Undoubtedly at that point my laptop ver.1.1 will also have the lifespan of a butterfly. (To be specific, the lifespan of a butterfly navigating through a forest fire with little pebbles tied to each of its feet and its wings covered with petroleum. And nursing a broken heart. And failing kidneys. And no health insurance.)
This reminds me of an earlier period of student poverty, when I was mending my underwear by candle(actually, torch)light, though admittedly that was because there was a blackout in my house. Does not change fact that I was mending my own underwear because I had no money to buy new ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment