Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Playlist blues

If I am what I listen to, then I shouldn't be sitting in t-shirt and shorts in the sweltering heat of 11pm Singapore. I should probably be dressed in slinky cocktail dress, smudged mascara, tossing a few in my dimmed New York penthouse in the middle of the night, utterly destitute and desperate, thinking of my (various) failed relationship(s).

Here are a few high (hehehe) points in my playlist:

- Sorry seems to be the hardest word, Joe Cocker. You might think you don't know this song, but it goes What do I have to do to make you love me / What do I have to do to make you care... Yeah, you see.

- Till it happens to you, Corrine Bailey Rae. I used to hear those violins playing high strings like a symphony / Now they're gone away / Nobody wants to know the truth / Till their hearts' broken...

- How can you mend a broken heart, Michael Buble. How can you mend this broken man? / How can a loser ever win?

- The party's over, Nat King Cole. The party's over / It's time to call it a day / Now you must wake up, all dreams must end.

- Only the lonely, Frank Sinatra. And never let love go / For when it's gone you'll know the loneliness / The heartbreak only the lonely know.

Sigh. I want a penthouse.

No comments: