This is Q.39 from the survey (see title)
39. What are your reasons for not being interested in becoming an entrepreneur?
(Please check boxes that are applicable)
1. Afraid to undertake risk - I prefer to stay within my comfort zone.
2. An entrepreneur is born, not made.
3. Culture in Singapore is not suitable for entrepreneurship.
4. Difficult to obtain government grants and subsidies.
5. Difficult to obtain information on entrepreneurship.
6. Domestic market is too small to support market players.
7. Education system here does not encourage initiative.
8. Fear approaching others to discuss my business concepts.
9. Fear of failure.
10. Lack of personal financial resources (e.g. savings & liquid assets) to pull off entrepreneurship.
11. Lack of support from my parents and relatives.
12. Lack of support from my peers.
13. Lack the persona for it.
14. Lack the skill sets required of entrepreneurship (e.g. communication, strategic thinking & networking).
15. Need a regular job to finance commitments (e.g. support siblings & parents, paying for the apartment, etc).
16. No idea what business to pull off.
17. Not fortunate enough to be born into a conducive environment (e.g. educated parents, old money, etc).
18. Not inspired - there is a lack of success stories that I can identify with.
19. Not interested in Local Market - better opportunities elsewhere.
20. Parents have expectations of what I should be.
21. Usually do not plan so far ahead. I just see where life goes from here.
22. Others (Please specify)
I chose others, and specified: i've other goals. y do these options associate lack of interest in biz with some sort of deficiency?
I don't really understand this. Is this some type of ideological manipulation where they hope that by forcing you to associate negative traits with lack of entrepreneurial desire you'll feel obliged to become an entrepreneur?
No comments:
Post a Comment