I wanted to buy concealer, because I'd finished my last pot after... 1?2? years? (yes, I know you're not supposed to keep them for that long). Because I'm an idiot when it comes to makeup, I asked the salesgirl to help me choose a colour.
Salesgirl: What's your original colour?
Me: *chortle*
*imaginary conversation ensues*
Me: Oh, I used to be this lovely shade of royal purple, but it's so difficult to match clothes and accessories. I mean, I could only wear gold, green, silver and white! So I got a new paint job.
Sg: I know what you mean! I was born scarlet myself, and trust me, while it's striking, you look like a walking bull's eye. And I got all these jokes during Chinese New Year...
Me: Ya, it's so difficult choosing skin colour these days, especially since we have to blend in with this yellow crowd here...
Sg: Totally! By the way, when was the last time the mothership contacted you?
*imaginary conversation ends*
Sg (looks mildly offended): Because when people get a tan, I usually ask them to go back to their original colour before getting makeup.
Me: Oh... right...
No comments:
Post a Comment