Yes yes, another cliched post about being miserable. A blog that has literary pretensions (did you notice my deliberate - yes of course it's deliberate - Elizabeth Browning misquote? Did you? Did you?) ought to do better.
Like my last entry. That was good, no? Film reviews are always good. I even made it clear that I. Watched. A. Play. (or did you not get the point?)
But I'm miserable!
Well, don't I have anything better to do? Why sit around being - wastefully, boringly - miserable?
Because I'm Miserable!!!!! *cry* And miserable people don't do a hell lot of stuff. They just sit around... and be miserable.
(Oh wait wait, reference to musical coming up.)
Of course I know about Les Miserables. But hey, people don't do stuff like that anymore. Run around and put up barricades (& die on them) when they're miserable. Look where it got those baguette-eating tots. Nowadays miserable people just watch Rockstar Supernova and CSI.
And you know, it's not just me. In my last semester at a certain (very very reputable - but I'm not mentioning names just in case you get envious) university, I took this kickass module (I really really really mean this. It kicked my ass good.) and studied this German guy who said very specifically that nowadays miserable people watch tv. And we know how these Germans always get their stuff right.
(yes, cheap shot)
So you see, it's not my fault. It's the system.
Don't you find it strange that nowadays, people keep saying that if you're miserable, it's ALL YOUR FAULT? If you're miserable in a new environment, you should adapt. If you hate where your life is going, you should re-arrange your preferences. Change yourself to suit the system! Why doesn't anyone talk about changing the system to suit yourself?
Maybe it's because we're all busy watching tv.
No comments:
Post a Comment