I'm watching the Oprah Winfrey show for the first time! Featuring Elvis' wife and daughter. Till now I've never even heard of them. But Elvis' wife is so pretty! Really REALLY pretty. She looks like she's 30 (& don't remind me I'm almost there myself *cry*). That's what you get with plastic surgery (I suspect).
Maybe it's true that shows like this do reflect some sort of systematic psychosis in society. Oprah's a really strange combination of part-counsellor, part-friend, part-paparrazi, satisfying the need for comfort, the need for company, and the need for information/knowledge/gossip.
Oprah, after asking a controversial question, turns to audience and exclaims: You know you want to know too!
Please. Do I? Why would anyone want to know? Why have a show purely devoted to getting answers that no one (sane) wants to hear?
Why would anyone watch something like this unless there was something wrong with them anyway? Are we that miserable? Or unless they're procrastinating work haha...
Yay Boston Legal! *one of society's oppressed trots off for dose of opium*
No comments:
Post a Comment