Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Return to Aberystwyth

The train ride to Aberystwyth has the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen. Everytime I take the train, the scenery's a little different. The last time I took the train, it was early morning, and the fields and valleys were mist-shrouded in the semi-darkness. When I came back to Aberystwyth after the summer, it was a fiery sunset bursting through grey-blue clouds. This time, the trees were still bare from the cold, but the fields were covered with grass, and the glaring January sun had to shine through dusty train windows.



I couldn't manage to upload the video directly to blogger *shakes fist*, so I had to upload it on youtube first. And of course, I managed to capture the most boring bit of scenery. There were also quaint little cottages and flocks of sheep running away, startled by the train, and a whole - flock isn't even the word now - horde of ducks in the marshes, and horses, and sun-drenched valleys, and shadows of clouds on the hills. And then when the train nears Aberystwyth, the land flattens out into wide plains, and meandering rivers, surrounded by a wide berth of hills. When I finally stepped into my room, I was greeted by a rainbow of colours thrown by the crystals I'd hung at my window.

No comments: