Coming back from class this afternoon, I saw a herd of cows in the field behind the house.
Wtf?!?!?!
And then found out from a friend that there's a farm behind our residence.
Yes people, there are cows behind my house. Real life cows.
And yes, I took a nap just now and woke to the sound of cows mooing. Incidentally, the sound of mooing is a lot less domestic / tranquil than you might imagine. It comes out more as a desperate growl emanating from the depths of an animal-slave destined for the steak plate. (By the way, the boyfriend recently accused me of being overly dramatic. Seriously? Me?)
And yes, I came out to do my laundry and the cows looked menacingly at me and I was half-afraid they'd charge the very flimsy looking wire fence (!!!!!) and trample me to death and go off snorting 'Medium rare indeed!'. Cows are big animals. Someone should install a high security fence, probably something along the lines of those used in Jurassic Park, but without the constant malfunctions. The current fence wouldn't stop a goat.
And yes, I read an article on BBC before coming to Wales on precisely this tragic manner of death (the trampling, not the cooking).
I think I might be afraid of cows.
No comments:
Post a Comment