Saturday, November 15, 2008

Christmas is coming!

I was in town today, and realised that Christmas is coming! I love Christmas! (even though I don't get presents from my family etc) I love all the glitzy commercialism and consumerism (and I really mean this), all the spending of cash and blood and sweat and toil!

I have Hayley Westenra's 1st album, and I am immensely in love with this song:



Christmas is such a nostalgic season. It feels so festive and yet a little sad at the same time.

I'm also at a slightly depressing spot in my music collection. First it was this:



Christmas is not a good time to feel lonely. I love this song! It's so melancholy and chilly and er, lonely, it practically sucks the life force out of you and leaves you deflated and feeling somewhat grey.

And then my playlist went to this next song, which was about the only highlight of Jay's flop of a show:



I love this version of the song. So retro, and so listen-able.

No comments: