Thursday, June 28, 2007

humour

My friends used to stare at me when I laughed out loud while studying.

From the BBC: "The [American] president is only allowed to serve two terms in office. He spends most of his first term trying to get re-elected and most of his second being described as a lame duck. No wonder they give him the shiny plane and the armoured limos. There have to be some perks to this job."

Isn't that funny? It's not just me right?

And

Politicians sign new climate pact
Leading international politicians have reached a new agreement on tackling climate change, at a Washington summit.

It's always sort of difficult not to feel optimistic when you get such news. Of course it's a non-binding agreement blah blah blah, but as the constructivists would say 'Non-binding? Pfft. Who cares?'

(Between, yes, I'm one of those who watched that Captain Planet show when I was young, and can still remember the song.)

No comments: